A read-only contact is an in-app contact that is added though an android app like WhatsApp, Viber, or Facebook messenger. These read-only contacts are stored temporarily by the respective app on the phone's storage. The main problem with read-only android contacts is that they can't be deleted. Whenever we try to delete them then the Google contacts app will show an error as 'Contacts from your read-only accounts cannot be deleted, but they can be hidden'. The read-only contacts will show up in your address book and you can't delete them. So in this post, we will show you how you can delete read-only android and WhatsApp contacts.
If you liked the article then take two minutes to share it.
- Go to contacts.google.com and login here with your Google account that is synced with your phone. This step is necessary as all android phones save contacts to Google by default.
- You will see a complete list of your contacts that are being shown in your phone's address book.
- Find that particular read-only contact that your phone is unable to delete.
- Put a check mark on it to select it then click the 'More' tab and click 'Delete'.
- After deleting it go to 'Settings>Account>Google'.
- Here enable the sync for 'Contacts'. Wait for few seconds.
- After the sync, the read-only contact will be deleted.
- To delete read-only contacts from WhatsApp first follow the steps above for deleting them then refresh your WhatsApp contacts list.
➜ Also Read
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.