Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is an entry level android smartphone which received its final official OTA update in India in April 2013. But after updating galaxy y to android 2.3.6 DDMD1 firmware which is mistaken as android 2.4.1 it started showing some bugs which are very annoying. These bugs are very simple to detect and I will tell about them in detail in this post. Also I will tell you how to remove these bugs from your galaxy y S5360.
Android Bugs In Galaxy Y DDMD1 Firmware
1.Camera Bug : While recording videos on galaxy y no sound is recorded. The videos are recorded without any sound and this is very irritating as you find there is no sound in your favorite recorded videos. This problem goes after clearing the camera app cache but comes back again after sometime.
2.Performance Bug : After installing the android 2.3.6 DDMD1 firmware the phone became slow as compared to its previous firmwares. Apps sometimes crash due to very slow performance of android system.
3.WiFi Hotspot Bug : When we use galaxy y in wifi hotspot mode then the data network automatically disconnects then reconnects after few seconds. This wifi hotspot bug in galaxy y wastes more data if you are sharing it with your laptop or tablet, because the downloads will break in between due to data network disconnection and you have to re-download them, therefore much data is wasted.
4.Network Signal Bug : The network signal strength on galaxy y is sometimes very poor inside buildings. The signals are between 1 and 3 signals when inside a building and sometimes the network signal strength is almost zero. Also the voice of calling person is sometimes not much clear and audible in galaxy y earpiece. You need to move out of house for good network reception.
5.Surround Sound Effect Bug In Voice Calls : Sometimes I hear surround sound effect during making or receiving voice calls which is very irritating as we can’t hear the voice correctly in earpiece. This problem arises when the network signal reception is low.
The above mentioned bugs are currently can be found in galaxy y and to cope with these bugs you have to downgrade your galaxy y to android 2.3.6 DDLK2 which is the stable android firmware for galaxy y. Now I will teach how you can downgrade galaxy y to android 2.3.6 DDLK2.
Downgrade Galaxy Y To Android 2.3.6 xxxxx Firmware To Remove Bugs
- Download android 2.3.6 DDLK2 firmware here. And extract it in a folder.
- Download ODIN 3.07 for windows here.
- Install Samsung KIES for galaxy y usb drivers. Download here link.
- Switch off your galaxy y and reboot into download mode by pressing power, volume down and home button at the same time for few seconds.
- You will see a warning page, then press volume up button to enter into download mode.
- Now open odin.exe and connect your phone to pc via usb cable.
- Let odin recognize your phone.
- When your galaxy y is identified by ODIN the field under <ID:COM> will turn light blue and you will see a message “<ID:0/011> Added!!”.
- Only the “Auto Reboot”,”F. Reset Time” and the “PDA” options should be checked and rest of the options should remain unchecked.See the image below.
- Now your galaxy y is ready to be flashed with android 2.3.6 firmware.
- Click “PDA” and browse the firmware ROM file and select it.
- Now click “Start” to begin the flashing process.It will take few minutes to upgrade your galaxy y.
- After the upgrade process completes ODIN will show you a message “Pass” which means your galaxy y is successfully updated to android 2.3.6 DDLK2 firmware.
Now you have successfully downgraded your galaxy y to android 2.3.6 DDLK2 firmware and removed all the bugs.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.