The Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 snapdragon version has received a new android 4.2.2 OTA update in Germany.The new update is android 4.2.2 XXUBMEA.The new update comes with improved performance and is available for snapdragon 600 galaxy S4 phones in Germany.Samsung rolled out this update quickly as to fix some bugs that were present in the first version of galaxy S4.Also the new update has received a new feature which is "apps to sd card".You can move apps to sd card in galaxy S4 after updating with XXUBMEA firmware.In this new update the user accessible space for installing android apps on galaxy S4 is increased by around 80 MB.
Whats New In The XXUBMEA Firmware
Whats New In The XXUBMEA Firmware
- New Camera firmware.
- Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling).
- Smart Pause Toggle in notifications slider.
- Move Apps to SD Card.
- HDR Video recorder.
- Semi-transparent status bar.
- New Icons in Settings.
- Secure boot status.
- Increase legibility on Super AMOLED display.
- This tutorial can be applied on the snapdragon 600 galaxy S4 phones I9505.Do not use it with any other model.
- Backup all the data stored on your phone like android apps,messages,contacts,photos etc.Use SmsBackupAndRestore to backup sms messages,use androzip to backup android apps,copy your photos to sd card for backup.
- There is no need to root your galaxy S4 because we are updating it with stock jellybean rom.
- If your device is rooted then after updating it the root access will be revoked and your galaxy S4 will be unrooted again.
- Enable USB debugging by going to "Settings>More>Development Options >USB debugging".
- Battery should be charged upto 50%.
By following the above tutorial you are taking the damage liablity yourself which means that we can't be held responsible if your galaxy S4 gets bricked or you loose important data if you didn't make a backup.
- Odin v3.07 download.
- Samsung USB drivers download.
- Official android 4.2.2 I9505XXUBMEA firmware download.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 To Official Android 4.2.2 Jellybean XXUBMEA
- Download and install the samsung usb drivers.
- Download and extract odin to a folder.Also download and extract the XXUBMEA firmware file to pc desktop.
- Now switch off your galaxy S4 and reboot it into download mode.You can see how it happens here.
- Now launch odin.exe from the folder where you extracted it.
- Now when you see an android logo on your galaxy S4 stating "Do not turn off target" then connect it to your pc via usb cable and let odin recognizes it.
- When the device is recognized the field under "ID:COM" section will turn blue.Also in message you will see "<ID:0/016> Added!!".This means your galaxy S4 I9505 is ready for flashing.
- In odin under options menu the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options should be checked and do not check the "Re-Partition" option.Also put a check mark in front of PDA.
- Now click the PDA button and browse for the XXUBMEA file named as "I9505XXUBMEA_I9505OXABMEA_DBT.tar.md5".Load this file into odin.
- Now hit the start button to start flashing your galaxy S4 with I9505XXUBMEA OTA firmware.It will take few minutes to complete.
- After updation odin will return a message "Pass" and your phone will auto reboot.You can now disconnect it from pc.
- Now follow the phone's wizard to set it up.
- Now your galaxy S4 is updated with latest android 4.2.2 jellybean.Now experience the new features.You will see an internal increase in phone's storage by 80 MB.
- If odin gets stuck during updating process then close it and disconnect your phone from pc.Remove the phone's battery and put it again after few seconds then reboot it into download mode by pressing home,power and volume down key at the same time.
- Launch odin.exe and connect your galaxy S4 to pc and repeat the update procedure.
- If after updating you galaxy S4 freezes or hangs or gets stuck at the samsung boot animation.Then remove its battery then again put it and reboot in recovery mode.
- To reboot into recovery mode press volume up,home and power key at the same time.Don't release buttons until you see the recovery mode.
- Move down and select "wipe data/factory reset".
- The device will be wiped and factory reset.Then go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Now go back and select "reboot system now".
- Now your galaxy S4 I9505 should restart and work without any lags or problems.
If this article helped you then please take 2 minutes to share it.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.
Post a Comment