- Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- A USB OTG cable for Galaxy S5.
- A storage device like flash drive, pen drive, external hard drive of WD or Seagate brand. Don't use unreliable brands as they can damage the battery of your phone.
Connect Pen Drives/Flash Drives/External HDD/Keyboard/Mouse/Card Reader To Galaxy S5
- Buy a separate USB OTG cable specially designed for your Galaxy S5. A USB OTG cable has two connecting ends. One end fits in the phone and other end has a female USB connector in which you can connect keyboard/mouse/external HDD or flash drives. See the image below.
- First connect the one end of the OTG cable to your phone then connect either usb pen drive, external HDD, keyboard or a mouse.
- On connecting any of the above mentioned usb devices you will get a notification on your smartphone.
- When keyboard is connected then you can use your smartphone as a computer to edit and create Microsoft office documents much faster as compared to using the on-screen/software touch keyboard.
- Connect a USB flash drive/pen drive/zip drive/external HDD to directly view the files stored in it and copy data from the flash drive or copy files in it. You can directly watch movies on your Galaxy S5 by connecting a usb drive by using OTG cable. No matter what the format of the movie. The Galaxy S5 supports all the major formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MPEG.
- Before removing the flash drive from the OTG cable go to 'Settings>Storage>Unmount USB OTG'. Then remove the flash drive after unmounting.
- Directly connecting a flash drive/external HDD to your Galaxy S5 will save much time and you can directly copy data from it to your phone.
- The Galaxy S5 can support microSD cards upto 128 GB which are very costly. So if you don't want to buy sdcards then use the OTG feature to save time and money
- Also you can listen to music and watch movies directly from the flash drive or external hard drive.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.