1.ePSXe emulator for windows Download
2.Playstation PS1/PSX cds or roms.
3.A dualshock usb pc gamepad or a ps2 controller with usb adapter or a ps3 controller with usb cable.We are using dualshock controllers because you will feel vibrations and rumbles during gameplay.
Play Playstation Games On Windows PC With ePSXe Emulator
In this tutorial I will show you how to play some famous ps1 games on windows.These games include tekken 3,wwf smackdown 2 know your role,soul blade and bloody roar 2.I will teach you to play all these games on windows.I am providing you the download links of some of the ps1 games mentioned above,you can download if you want.If you already have them then there is no need to download them.
Now after downloading ePSXe emulator and a ps1 rom follow the instruction below step by step.You can watch the video first then can read the instructions later.
Configure Video Plugin
1.Open ePSXe and goto Config>Video.From the drop down list select “P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18”.Then click Configure.Here you will see video controls.Select “Fullscreen Mode” to run the games in fullscreen other wise choose “Window mode” to run it in a small window.Also you can specify your resolution.Also choose Color depth to 32 bit.Then click OK,then OK.
1.To configure bios goto Config>Bios.A prompt box will open.Click “Select” and locate the bios file SCPH1001.bin.You can find this file in ePSXe>bios>SCPH1001.bin.Locate this file and select it then click OK.
Configure Memory Cards
1.Memory cards are in ePSXe>memcards folder.To configure memory cards goto Config>Memory Cards.A prompt box will open,you will see two different memory cards location here.Click select and choose each memory card in different slots.
Settings To Setup Dual Shock Controllers
- Connect your dualshock pc usb gamepad or ps3 controller to pc and install its driver.When it is ready to use you will see a notification in the system tray that your device is ready to use.Do not disconnect it now.
- Open ePSXe and click “Config”.Then select “Game Pad”.Then click "Port 1" and then select "Pad 1".A gamepad setting wizard will open with a dualshock controller with all button specifications.From the drop down list select “SCPH-1200 DualShock”.
- Now this is time to configure the buttons and analog stick of your pc gamepad.The default buttons are set to keyboard.We need to put pc gamepad buttons in this setting wizard instead of keyboard keys.Below is the image of gamepad before setting the keys to pc gamepad.
- To assign the buttons first click the buttons with mouse then press the buttons of your gamepad.Assign buttons exactly according to the controller layout.Below is the image of the gamepad after setting it up completely.Assign buttons as shown in the image below.
- Now we have to enable vibrations.You will see several options just next to the controller setup.Click “Type” below the “Rumble” option and select “DX joy1”.Under “Big Motor” select “Constant” and under “Small Motor” select “Sine”.Then click OK.
- If you have another controller then connect it and repeat the above process for it.But this time goto Config>Game Pad>Port 2>Pad 2.Now setup buttons,six axis controller and the motors for the vibration for the second gamepad.Click OK.For gamepad 2 under “Rumble” select “DX joy2” and motor settings is same.
- Now click “File” and select “Run ISO”.Then locate the ps1 rom bin/iso/img file select it and click open.If you have an original playstation game cd then insert it in cd/dvd drive then click “File” in ePSXe and select “Run CDROM”.Now enjoy playstation ps1/psx games with a dualshock vibration gamepad on windows pc.
ScreenShots Of Playstation PS1/PSX Games On Windows PC
Tekken 3 On Windows 7
Bloody Roar 2 PS1 On Windows PC
WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role PS1 On Windows
Hope you like the post.Please give 2 minutes to share if you like it.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.
still can't use my dual shock 3 in epsxe emulator -_-ReplyDelete
epsxe doesn't support dual shock 3. However you can install dualshock 3 drivers from sony website and use it as a generic gamepad.Delete
will this work in windows 8.1 pro ???ReplyDelete
Yes it will work on Windows 8.1 pro. But download the epsxe for windows 8.1, old versions of epsxe may not run on windows 8.1 due to compatibility issues.Delete
how about macbook ? can it work ? i cant use any joystickReplyDelete
This emulator is not for MAC, you can use pcsx for mac.Delete
Now click “File” and select “Run ISO”.Then locate the ps1 rom bin/iso/img file select it and click open.If you have an original playstation game cd then insert it in cd/dvd drive then click “File” in ePSXe and select “Run CDROM”.Now enjoy playstation ps1/psx games with a dualshock vibration gamepad on windows pc. - See more at: http://www.pcnexus.net/2013/04/how-to-play-playstation-ps1psx-games-on-windows-pc-with-dualshock-controller.html#sthash.tuNCdt9c.dpufReplyDelete
this step i not really get it. i can't find the img file
You should have one ps1 iso rom to play. Download the ps1 iso rom from emuparadise.org and name it "ps1game"save it on desktop. Now click 'File' in epsxe and select the "ps1game" from desktop.Delete
Below is a video tutorial, that will clear your doubts.
Can I play ps2 or ps3 games on this emulator ? or is it only for ps1 ?ReplyDelete
No ePSXe only plays PS1 games. If you want to play PS2 games then use pcsx2. A tutorial to play PS2 games is given below.Delete