Google has started rolling out the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G firmware update for its Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi and Nexus 7 (Mobile) LTE versions. The update is released in phases and no body can tell when you will receive the latest android 5.0.2 update for your Nexus 7 2013. Go to 'Settings>About Device>Software Update', follow the steps if you received the upgrade notification. However if you do not want to wait for update then you can flash your nexus tablet manually to install the android 5.0.2 lollipop.Warning : Follow the update tutorial at your own risk. As if anything goes wrong with the tablet then we can't be held responsible.
Read The Instructions Carefully
Read The Instructions Carefully
- Apply this tutorial only on Google Nexus 7 2013 LTE version only.
- Backup your data at every cost. It doesn't matter whether your tablet's bootloader is locked or unlocked.
- This tutorial will not work if your Nexus 7 2013 is not running android 4.4.4 Kitkat (KTU84P) firmware.
- If your tablet is running a custom rom then do not try this tutorial or your nexus 7 may get bricked.
- Installation of this android 5.0.2 lollipop LRX22G can not be done over custom roms.
- The Nexus 7 tablet's battery charge level should be more than 60%.
- Enable 'USB debugging' from developer options. If developer options is not visible then go to 'About device' and tap on 'Build number' 7 times or more.
- Download and install the Google USB drivers.
- Download android sdk zip file and place it in "C:\Drive".
- Download the android 5.0.2 lollipop firmware. Its name is "razorg-lrx22g-factory-2ce5202c.tgz". You can rename it to "update" for your convenience.
- Move this file to "platform-tools" folder in android SDK and extract the files here.
- Now connect the tablet to computer via USB.
- In platform-tools folder press the "Shift" key and choose "Open command window here".
- Now type the following command adb reboot bootloader
- This will start the device in fastboot mode. However you can manually enter in fastboot mode by pressing 'Volume Down', and "Power" simultaneously.
- Now apply a factory reset on the Nexus 7 by executing the command fastboot oem unlock
- The above command will unlock the bootloader and wipe entire data stored on the tablet. If the bootloader is already unlocked then no need to execute this command. If you still want to wipe the tablet then first lock the bootloader then again unlock it to do a clean android 5.0.2 lollipop install on your nexus 7 2013.
- After executing the above command you will see a confirmation on your tablet. Press the power button to select 'Yes'.
- If your device boots to welcome screen then again start it in fastboot mode.
- Now go to 'platform-tools' folder and press the shift key then right click and choose 'Open command windows here'.
- Now type flash-all and hit enter.
- Let the command to install the baseband, bootloader and the operating system files.
- This flashing process will take some time, so do not disconnect the tablet until the update finishes.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.