Samsung and AT&T has recently released the android 4.1.2 jellybean update for the AT&T galaxy S2 I777.The AT&T galaxy S2 received this jellybean update after a long time.The jellybean firmware was first released in Germany and now every user of the AT&T galaxy S2 can update their smartphones by using the KIES OTA.In this tutorial you will know how to install the official android 4.1.2 jellybean UCMD8 firmware on galaxy S2 I777.We will manually update the AT&T galaxy S2,manual updation is required if you haven't received the update in your country but still possess the AT&T galaxy S2 I777.
What's New In The Jellybean UCMD8 For AT&T Galaxy S2
- HDR video.
- Purple effect on screen removed.
- Secure boot status.
- Move apps to sd.
- New camera firmware.
- New icons in settings.
Before you manually update your phone you need to read the guidelines stated below very carefully to successfully update the phone.
- This tutorial can be applied on the AT&T galaxy S2 I777 only and can't be applied on other galaxy devices to prevent bricking.
- You don't need to root your galaxy S2 because we are installing the stock Samsung jellybean rom which is not a custom rom,so there is no need to root your phone.
- If you have already rooted your phone then after after flashing the rom your galaxy S2 I777 will return to its normal state and will lose root access completely.
- Backup all the important data stored on your phone like messages,android apps,bookmarks,contacts etc.Otherwise they will be wiped.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Developer options settings.
- The battery of your phone should be fully charged.
- Whatever you are doing is at your own risk,so anything that happens wrong with your phone,you can't blame us for it.
Files You Need
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones from the above link.
- Dwonload odin 3.07 and I777UCMD8 firmware zip and extract both files in separate folders.
- Now launch odin.exe from the folder where you extracted it.
- Switch off your phone and connect it to pc via usb cable.Now reboot galaxy S2 I777 into download mode by pressing the volume up,volume down and the power button at the same time.
- Don't release the buttons unless you see a warning screen on your phone.Press the volume up button to continue going into download mode.
- When your galaxy S2 gets into download mode then odin will take few seconds to recognize it and when its done then field under "ID:COM" in odin will turn blue.Also in message you will see "<ID:0/016> Added!!".This means your galaxy S2 I777 is ready for flashing.
- Make sure in odin the "Re-Partition" option is unchecked and the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options should be checked.
- Now put a check mark in front of PDA.Click the PDA button and browse for the I777UCMD8 firmware file that you extracted in a folder.This file is I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8_ATT.tar.md5.Load this file into odin.
- Now click the Start button to update your AT&T galaxy S2 to android 4.1.2 jellybean.
- Odin will take few minutes to install jellybean files on your AT&T galaxy S2 I777.
- After the installation odin will return a "Pass" message and your galaxy phone will reboot automatically.You can now disconnect it from pc.
- You have successfully installed the android 4.1.2 jellybean on AT&T galaxy S2 I777.
- If odin gets stuck during updating process then close it and disconnect your phone from pc.Remove the phone's battery and put it again after few seconds then reboot it into download mode by pressing home,power and volume down key at the same time.
- Launch odin.exe and connect your galaxy S2 to pc and repeat the update procedure.
- If after updating you galaxy S2 freezes or hangs or gets stuck at the samsung boot animation.Then remove its battery then again put it and reboot in recovery mode.
- To reboot into recovery mode press volume up,volume down and power key at the same time.Don't release buttons until you see the recovery mode.
- Move down and select "wipe data/factory reset".
- The device will be wiped and factory reset.Then go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Now go back and select "reboot system now".
- Now your AT&T galaxy S2 I777 should restart and work without any lags or problems.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.