Some of these bugs included the retarded performance on this android phone that is the galaxy s advance is running very slow as compared to the android 2.3 gingerbread.However I have published an article to downgrade galaxy s advance to android 2.3 gingerbread due to this slow performance,you can check it hereThis slow performance is the bug which is experienced by almost every galaxy s advance user.The other bug was that when we record a video on galaxy s advance,sometimes the phone gets stuck and needs to be restarted and lastly the camera zoom in galaxy s advance is not working.The previous android 4.1.2 jellybean update for this android smartphone was not the stable one,and hence Samsung came with a stable update this time named as XXLPZ.
So you can use Samsung KIES to update your galaxy S advance I9070 to latest android jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPZ OS.However if you haven’t received the OTA update in your country then you can manually update your phone which I am going to explain here.To manually update the galaxy s advance I9070 to latest android OS you must read the guidelines below carefully.
- The tutorial is meant to be applied on galaxy s advance I9070 only and can’t be used on other models of it.
- This is only a minor update for bug fixes.So don't expect any UI enhancements or upgraded features.
- By using the manual update tutorial you are taking the damage liabilities that if the phone gets bricked you can’t blame us.But if you follow the steps carefully it would hardly happen.
- Backup entire data stored on the phone’s USB storage.Backup android apps apk,contacts,sms messages and any important data.
- You can use androzip or android assistant to backup android apps and SmsBackupAndRestore to backup sms messages.You can see tutorial to backup android apps here.
- Enable USB debugging by going to "Settings> Applications> Development> USB debugging".
- This tutorial can be applied on both rooted and non rooted versions of galaxy s advance.
- If your device is rooted then after updating to android 4.1.2 jellybean firmware the root access will be lost and your phone will become unrooted.
- This procedure won’t void the warranty of your phone.
- The phone’s battery should be fully charged or upto 80% level to avoid power failure issues.
- Galaxy S Advance USB Drivers Download
- ODIN for windows.Get it here.
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XXPLZ ROM.Download
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones.These drivers are very essential for communication between ODIN and your galaxy s advance.
- Download odin from the above link and extract the files to a folder,also download the android 4.1.2 jellybean XXLPZ rom and extract it to other folder.
- Now turn off your phone and remove the battery for few seconds,then put it back and reboot it into download mode.
- To reboot into download mode press the volume down button,home button and the power button all at the same time for few seconds.
- Do not release the button until your phone vibrates and you see a warning screen.On warning screen press volume up button to continue to go into download mode.
- Now launch odin.exe on your computer and connect your phone via USB daat cable.
- Let odin to recognize your phone.When your phone is recognized then the "ID:COM" section in odin will turn blue and you will see a message "<ID:0/016> Added!!".
- This means that everything is okay and your galaxy s advance is ready to be flashed with the latest jellybean rom.
- In odin under "Option" menu make sure that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are checked and the "Re-Partition" option is unchecked.Do not check any other option.
- Now check the PDA and click the "PDA" button and pick the jellybean firmware file which you have downloaded.It has an extension of ".tar.md5".Load this file in PDA.
- Now click Start to launch the flashing process.It will take few minutes to update your galaxy s advance.
- After successful update the phone will reboot automatically with latest android 4.1.2 jellybean OS.
- If odin gets stuck in the middle then disconnect your phone and close odin.
- End the odin process in the windows task manager and relaunch it.
- Remove your phone's battery,then put it back and reboot it into download mode and repeat the manual update procedure.
- If odin gives you error like "parameter is incorrect" then double check the file loaded in PDA and also check USB drivers are upto date.
If after updating the phone you are getting some problems in galaxy s advance like lags,continues boot loop or the phone hangs or halts the try the following steps.
- Make sure to remove sd card before doing this as this can accidently wipe data from the sd card.
- Turn off the phone and reboot into recovery mode by pressing the home,volume up and power buttons at the same time.
- Do not release the buttons unless you see android system recovery.
- Now move down by pressing volume down key and select "wipe data/factory reset".Press the home button to select this option.Your device will be factory reset.
- Now go back and select "wipe cache partition".
- Now again go back and select "reboot system now".
- You are done.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.
Sorry I just want to ask this is just a minor update so i can just update it from my gingerbread 2.3.6 or have to update to jelly bean and then flash this firmware again ? sorry for my bad english . thank you for answer my question .ReplyDelete
Yes this is a minor update but it is the stable one for galaxy s advance.You can directly install this OS via odin over gingerbread 2.3.No need to update to jelly bean and then flash this firmware again.Just download the xxlpz firmware and flash it using odin.It will replace your android 2.3.Samsung claims that it is the stable one.Delete
Is it more stable than indian versionDelete
Yes it has bug fixes.And is stable one ..Delete
Ok thank you so much .ReplyDelete
I have already update to XXLPZ . After I update and boot it . software update have take me up to XXLQ4 .So what should i do ? Just let it or ?ReplyDelete
The xxlpz update might not be successful.What happened that took you back to xxlq4.Can you give further information about this.Delete
After I completely update to XXLPZ . After the phone was boot . It will ask you to set up software update and anything . So the software update had been take me to XXLQ4 .ReplyDelete
Have you checked the build version.What else can be done,if your phone is running smooth without any freezing or lagging then no problem otherwise consider re-flashing with xxlpz jellybean os.Delete
If i can install jelly bean xxlpz i am an indian i am using DDLP8 it has so many bugs plz help me soory for my bad englishReplyDelete
Yes you can try installing it xxlpz os.Delete
which is the most recent update XXLQG or XXPLZ????ReplyDelete
XXLQE for Romania..Delete
please send me the link so that i can download XXLQE file?Delete
ddlpu8 for India..
What about now my Samsung galaxy S Advance I9070 not support imo app'sReplyDelete
If my mobile Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 update android 4.1.2 jellybeam then support my mobile imo app's?
Please help me
Yes you need to update your phone to run the imo app. It require android 4.0 at least.Delete