1.ePSXe emulator for windows Download
2.Playstation PS1/PSX cds or roms.
3.A dualshock usb pc gamepad or a ps2 controller with usb adapter or a ps3 controller with usb cable.We are using dualshock controllers because you will feel vibrations and rumbles during gameplay.
Play Playstation Games On Windows PC With ePSXe Emulator
In this tutorial I will show you how to play some famous ps1 games on windows.These games include tekken 3,wwf smackdown 2 know your role,soul blade and bloody roar 2.I will teach you to play all these games on windows.I am providing you the download links of some of the ps1 games mentioned above,you can download if you want.If you already have them then there is no need to download them.
Now after downloading ePSXe emulator and a ps1 rom follow the instruction below step by step.You can watch the video first then can read the instructions later.
Configure Video Plugin
1.Open ePSXe and goto Config>Video.From the drop down list select “P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18”.Then click Configure.Here you will see video controls.Select “Fullscreen Mode” to run the games in fullscreen other wise choose “Window mode” to run it in a small window.Also you can specify your resolution.Also choose Color depth to 32 bit.Then click OK,then OK.
1.To configure bios goto Config>Bios.A prompt box will open.Click “Select” and locate the bios file SCPH1001.bin.You can find this file in ePSXe>bios>SCPH1001.bin.Locate this file and select it then click OK.
Configure Memory Cards
1.Memory cards are in ePSXe>memcards folder.To configure memory cards goto Config>Memory Cards.A prompt box will open,you will see two different memory cards location here.Click select and choose each memory card in different slots.
Settings To Setup Dual Shock Controllers
- Connect your dualshock pc usb gamepad or ps3 controller to pc and install its driver.When it is ready to use you will see a notification in the system tray that your device is ready to use.Do not disconnect it now.
- Open ePSXe and click “Config”.Then select “Game Pad”.Then click "Port 1" and then select "Pad 1".A gamepad setting wizard will open with a dualshock controller with all button specifications.From the drop down list select “SCPH-1200 DualShock”.
- Now this is time to configure the buttons and analog stick of your pc gamepad.The default buttons are set to keyboard.We need to put pc gamepad buttons in this setting wizard instead of keyboard keys.Below is the image of gamepad before setting the keys to pc gamepad.
- To assign the buttons first click the buttons with mouse then press the buttons of your gamepad.Assign buttons exactly according to the controller layout.Below is the image of the gamepad after setting it up completely.Assign buttons as shown in the image below.
- Now we have to enable vibrations.You will see several options just next to the controller setup.Click “Type” below the “Rumble” option and select “DX joy1”.Under “Big Motor” select “Constant” and under “Small Motor” select “Sine”.Then click OK.
- If you have another controller then connect it and repeat the above process for it.But this time goto Config>Game Pad>Port 2>Pad 2.Now setup buttons,six axis controller and the motors for the vibration for the second gamepad.Click OK.For gamepad 2 under “Rumble” select “DX joy2” and motor settings is same.
- Now click “File” and select “Run ISO”.Then locate the ps1 rom bin/iso/img file select it and click open.If you have an original playstation game cd then insert it in cd/dvd drive then click “File” in ePSXe and select “Run CDROM”.Now enjoy playstation ps1/psx games with a dualshock vibration gamepad on windows pc.
ScreenShots Of Playstation PS1/PSX Games On Windows PC
Tekken 3 On Windows 7
Bloody Roar 2 PS1 On Windows PC
WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role PS1 On Windows
Hope you like the post.Please give 2 minutes to share if you like it.