This post will tell you that how to fix windows system sounds problem.In this problem we does not hear any system sound.However we hear sound in every application like windows media player,while playing games.Windows 7 system sounds includes the logon sound,logoff sound,clicking folder sound,error occuring sound.These sounds will not be audible to you if this problem occurs on your pc.Also you will not hear any sound while playing youtube videos,google videos,metacafe videos and almost any online video.They all will play but you will not hear any sound from them.However this is not a hardware failure,not a driver failure and not even a software failure.This problem occurs due to insufficient values about the sound registry and this can be simply sort out.Here is the procedure to do that.You need another computer to export the registry for update.However if you do not have another pc or laptop then you need to download this file.
download the sound fix file for windows 7
This is a registry file you can double click this file to update your registry with correct values.When you double click this file a popup will open asking you to add information to your pc's current registry,allow this change to your pc's registry.There is an another alternative method which is as follows.
Find another computer as of your friends.Ask them to use it now logon to windows 7 and do as follows.
- click run and type regedit.
- now find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and expand it.
- now expand SOFTWARE and under it find and expand Microsoft.
- under Microsoft expand WIndowsNT and then expand CurrentVersion.
- under current version find Drivers32.
- the whole path look as follows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/ Microsoft/ WIndowsNT/ CurrentVersion/ Drivers32
- now right click on the Drivers32 folder and select export.
- save your file with the desired name.This file is a registry file you will see green boxes as its default icon.
- now copy this file and store it in your pc.Now open this file and add information to your registry.
- during this process a popup will generate allow it to make registry changes and you are done.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.