Verizon Galaxy Nexus can now be updated to android 4.4.4 KitKat via Paranoid Android Toro custom rom. If you are looking to update your Verizon Galaxy Nexus to android 4.4.4 KitKat then you can use this tutorial. With this new Rom you will get features like Peek, Hover, Theme Engine and PIE controls. So lets start.
- This tutorial is meant to be applied only on Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
- Your device should be rooted and latest version of CWM or TWRP should be installed.
- Make a nandroid backup before applying the custom Rom update.
- If required backup entire data stored on your Galaxy Nexus.
- If in any case the device gets bricked then do not blame us. You can decide whether you want to follow this tutorial or not.
- The battery should be charged more than 60%.
- Download the PA Toro Android 4.4.4 KitKat Rom for Verizon Galaxy Nexus from this link.
- Download GApps for Paranoid Android Roms from here.
- Directly download or move the files to your phone. Do not unzip the files.
- Power off your Galaxy Nexus and boot into recovery mode.
- I have previously told you to take a nandroid backup before flashing process. So do not skip this step. Save the nandroid backup on sdcard or PC.
- In CWM tap 'Backup and restore', enter a name and tap 'Confirm'. In TWRP tap 'Backup'.
- Now apply a factory reset on your Galaxy Nexus. Do not skip this step otherwise phone will not boot in normal mode with new PA Toro custom Rom.
- Now to flash the custom Rom tap 'Install zip from sdcard' in CWM. Find the Rom and grab it.
- In TWRP tap 'Install' find the Rom and then swipe to confirm.
- Similarly flash GApps for PA Roms.
- Reboot the phone after flashing the custom Rom and GApps.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.