First of all download the emulator to your android phone from the links below. I am providing gensoid emulator apk and some game roms to play.
SEGA GENESIS emulator for android gensoid apk. To download this just search in Google. You can also search for free roms if downloading them in your country is legal.
Now follow the steps below after downloading all the files from the above links.
- Install the gensoid.apk and put the game roms in a directory like “sdcard/Sega”. Make a folder in your sd card and name it "Sega".
- Put all the rom files in this folder.
- Now open gensoid and click the blue sd card icon on top left. Now move to “Sega” folder. Open any game of your choice.
- Now game will run and you will see buttons and a 4 axis controller. Now you have to make appropriate settings for gensoid to play sega genesis games efficiently.
- Open gensoid a file explorer will open. Now click menu>settings.
- A settings page will open click “Other settings” and scroll down to “Orientation” and select “Landscape”. If “Fullscreen mode” is unchecked then check it.
2.Audio And Video Setings
- Now go back and click “Audio & Video settings”. Click “Scaling mode” and select “Stretched”. Then select “Aspect ratio” and choose “16:9”.
- Now scroll down and select “Max frame skips” and set to “0” and click ok.
- Now go back and select “Input settings”. Click “Virtual keypad settings”. Uncheck “Vibrate on keypress”.
- Now select “Controls size”. Select controls size according to your phone’s screen. For example if you are using galaxy note 2, galaxy note 3 then choose “Large” then click ok. For android phones having only 3 inch touchscreens choose “Medium”.
- Now click “Hide controls” and uncheck “Disable A/B turbo”. If you uncheck this option then you will see four buttons on screen that is two normal and two turbo buttons.
- Now click “D-pad + buttons layout” and choose “Bottom+bottom”.
- Now click “Layout margin” and select 1 by sliding to left then click ok.
- Now go back until you see the game and start playing sega genesis games on android.
At any time while playing the game you can save the game and later load it from where you left it. To save a game in Gensoid tap the menu button and choose 'Save'. Then choose any slot from slot 1-9 and an additional slot 'Quick' save. When you tap any slot the game will be saved.
To load a saved game state tap menu button and choose 'Load' and select the state from the list that you saved earlier. The game will load from where you left it.
5. Enable Cheats
If you any cheat codes for sega genesis then you can apply them in gensoid. Cheat codes help to gain unlimited money, coins and lives in any game. To apply a cheat code in gensoid. Follow the steps below.
- Tap menu button and choose 'Cheats'.
- Then again tap menu button and choose 'New cheat'.
- Now enter name and the code and tap 'OK'.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.