Also if you root your note 8.0 then you can install custom android roms on it.In this tutorial we will be rooting your galaxy note 8.0 N5110 by using CF Auto-Root tool and Odin for windows.
- This tutorial is meant to be applied only on samsung galaxy note 8.0 N5110 running on android 4.1.2.Do not apply this tutorial on other tablets.
- Remove Samsung KIES from your pc before rooting because it may give you rooting errors like heimdall error.If you don't want to remove it then stop "Kies.exe" and "KiesTrayAgent.exe" from processes in windows task manager.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options menu.Goto 'Settings>About Device>Tap on Build Version 7 times' to unlock developer options.Now enable USB debugging.
- Make sure your galaxy note 8.0 N5110 has enough battery to survive.
- Backup all important data stored on your tablet otherwise you will lose it.
- Download and extract the CF Auto-Root package and Odin v3.07 to separate folders.
- Turn off your galaxy note 8.0 and reboot it into download mode by pressing home,power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- When you see warning message,press volume up button to continue entering the download mode.
- Now launch odin.exe and connect your tablet to pc via usb cable.
- Let odin recognizes your tablet.When it is recognized you will see a message "Added!!" and the field under <ID:COM> section will turn blue.This means that tablet is ready for rooting.
- Make sure that "Re-Partition" option is unchecked and do not change other settings.
- Put a check mark on "PDA" and click PDA and browse for the CF Auto-Root package file named as 'CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5'.Load this file in PDA.
- Click Start button to initiate the rooting process.
- It will take few seconds and on completion odin will return a message 'PASS'.Your tablet will reboot automatically.Now you can disconnect it from pc.
- You will see a new app in apps named as SuperSU which confirms that you have successfully rooted your galaxy note 8.0 WiFi N5110.
- Now you can install android apps that require root access.
- If odin gets stuck then disconnect the tablet and force reboot it then again repeat the rooting process.
- If after rooting your galaxy note 8.0 freezes then factory reset it in android recovery mode.Enter recovery mode by pressing home,power and volume up buttons at the same time.But make sure that tablet is turned off before entering recovery mode.
- Now goto google play store and install ROM Manager to flash TWRP/CWM recovery.This is a necessary step,don't skip it.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.