Beginning from Dec 22, 2014 T-Mobile has started rolling out the android 4.4.4 KitKat T217TUVUBNL1 OTA update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. The update is rolled out in phases and nobody can tell when will you receive the update. However T-Mobile hasn't mentioned any special changes, but you can still enjoy faster performance, more RAM, more storage, album art on lockscreen, white status bar icons and wireless printing. This a major update since the tab 3 was stuck on android 4.2. However users were expecting android 5.0 Lollipop update for T-Mobile galaxy tab 3, but this is not going to happen. This is an OTA update so you will need a high speed Wi-Fi or data network. In this tutorial I will teach you how you can update your T-Mobile galaxy tab 3 7.0 to latest android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
- Your tablet's battery should be charged more than 60%.
- It should has free space upto 600 MB.
- Backup your data before updating if you don't want to take the risk of loosing it.
- A high speed Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE network.
- A computer(MAC/Windows) in case OTA doesn't work.
- Samsung KIES software. Get it here. Download only when OTA does not work for you.
- If you have already received the update notification on your galaxy tab 3 then just tap it and follow the on-screen instruction to upgrade to latest firmware.
- If you haven't received the notification then tap the 'Apps' icon and go to 'Settings>About device>Software update'.
- Tap Ok to start the device check for updates.
- Tap Ok to begin the update.
- Wait for few minutes your T-Mobile Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 will be updated to android 4.4.4 KitKat T217TUVUBNL1 firmware.
Update Via Samsung Kies
If the above method doesn't work then update may take some more time to reach your tablet. However you can use Samsung KIES to update your Galaxy Tab 3. First you have to download the KIES software either for MAC or Windows computer. Then after installing the software follow the steps below.
- Go to 'Settings>Developer options>USB Debugging'. Enable it.
- Launch KIES on your computer and connect your Galaxy tab 3 to PC via USB cable.
- A notification will appear on your tab 3. Choose MTP.
- Now KIES will identify your tablet and will tell you whether an update is available or not.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to network.
- If KIES shows the android 4.4.4 KitKat T217TUVUBNL1 update for your tablet then follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade to latest version.
- Wait for few minutes till the update completes.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.
Post a Comment