Entering the ODIN/Download mode on your Galaxy S5 is simple and easy. By pressing some buttons at the same time you can enter into download mode or recovery mode. Entering the download mode on your galaxy S5 is required if you are manually flashing a custom rom or a stock rom on your device by using odin. In download mode we install stock or custom android roms on our Galaxy S5 by using odin.
We use the android recovery mode to wipe cache and partition. Also the recovery mode on your galaxy S5 is used to factory reset the phone. In recovery mode you can root your phone by installing an auto-root package from the sd card. This tutorial can be applied on any model of Galaxy S5 like AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone and T-Mobile etc.
- Switch off the phone completely. Remove the battery for few seconds and then again re-install it.
- Now press the volume down, home button and power button at the same time and keep them engaged until your phone vibrates. On vibration release the buttons.
- When your phone boots in download mode it will show you a warning page about installing a custom rom.
- This is the download mode and you can enter it completely by pressing the volume up button. You will see a green android saying "Do not turn off target".
- Now you can install custom or stock roms on your Galaxy S5 in download mode via odin. You can check odin tutorial here.
You May Also Read
Get Blog Updates Via Email Subscribe Now
Please check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to start your email newsletter subscription.
Post a Comment