There is a problem with MTP mode that we can't see image thumbnails as they are treated as protected DRM content and data moving speed is very slow and it can take much time if you have large files.But there is an other trick by which you can enable USB mass storage mode on Samsung galaxy S4 by using an app called SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.This app is specially designed for Samsung galaxy series to enable their mass storage mode.
This app works on galaxy S4 GT-I9500,GT-I9505,AT&T SGH-I337,Verizon galaxy S4 I545(not tested yet) or any other version of rooted galaxy S4 that support this app.But for this app to work on your phone,it has to be rooted first.So first root your galaxy S4.I have a rooting tutorial for Verizon galaxy S4 but I can't say whether this app work on galaxy S4 I545.You can check the tutorial here.So after rooting the phone you can go on installing this app from google play store.
Enable USB Mass Storage On Samsung Galaxy S4
- After your phone is rooted goto google play store and download SG USB Mass Storage Enabler app.You can download it from this link
- Install this application and connect your phone to pc via usb cable.
- Now launch the mass storage enabler app.
- When you launch this app you will see a button "Mass Storage Mode".
- Click this button to enable mass storage mode on your galaxy S4.
- If the app prompts for root access then allow it to grab root access.
- Now you have successfully enabled mass storage mode on galaxy S4.
- To enable the mass storage mode on galaxy S4 you need to root your phone.If you are a beginner then do not root your device as it may damage your phone.
- This tutorial is for advanced users only which have already rooted their galaxy S4 smartphones.
- If you don't want to root your phone then you can use a high speed usb card reader to use as an alternative to usb mass storage mode.
- This app will not work with the internal storage of the phone due to hardware and software limitations.
- Allows us to move data quickly between the phone and computer.
- The data transfer speed is higher in mass storage mode than in MTP mode.
- The mass storage mode doesn't have DRM content limitations.
- If your phone is already rooted then this trick is for you.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
You May Also Like